Q2, 2020: Cyberspace (May 4, 5, 6, & 7)
Share this page:
This meeting was held from May 3rd, 2020 to May 7th, 2020.
If you are a member company, click the button below to download a list of meeting attendees. Note: you will be required to authenticate to our intranet in order to download the list. It only contains names and companies.
Special Meeting Notes
The SVA Virtual Member Meeting was successful beyond my expectations. The four short-day format with brief breaks was very efficient, and the scheduling of the Working Group sessions allowed all members to easily sit in on every session to get a holistic view of SVA activities.
I thought it worked well and would like to see us continue to do this for some of the meetings going forward. Great job by everyone at the SVA for pulling this together on short notice.
The alliance’s first virtual face to face was a total flawless event and was near perfect. I was very happy to see large participation and a very attentive audience. There were no logon glitches and start and end time of sessions were on the dot. Best was the virtual happy hour with a game (without Googling) to cap off the meeting. Great job by the team and the enthusiastic member participation.
This presentation “Ad delivery challenges (and standards) in the age of CTV” was given by Amit Shetty (IAB TechLabs) on Day 3 of the Q2 2020 Virtual Member Meeting. The presentation was on Wednesday, May 6th from 9:30am to 10:15am PT.
Presented by Amit Shetty
This presentation “Distributed Tracing in Streaming Video: The Challenges Ahead” was given by Diane Strutner (Datazoom) on Day 1 of the Q2 2020 Virtual Member Meeting. The presentation was on Monday, May 4th from 8:15am to 9:00am PT.
Presented by Diane Strutner
This presentation titled “DVB multicast ABR: The Door for a New DVB Era” was delivered by Guillaume Bichot (Broadpeak) on Day 4 of the Q2 2020 Virtual Member Meeting. The presentation was on Thursday, May 7th from 10:45am to 11:30am PT.
Presented by Guillaume Bichot
Presented by Dr. Abdul Rehman
These are Principal members who submitted their nomination for one of two open board positions voted in each year. If a nominee has a video, you can click on their name to watch it. Note: the company logo represents the company for which the individual worked when they were nominated.
Working Group Topics and Materials
Below are topics discussed during working group sessions as well as any supporting presentation materials and recorded videos.
Live Streaming Working Group
- Current working document overview (Best Practices for Low Latency)
- Technical Evaluation & Measurement project discussion
- Scaling Live Events project discussion
- Measuring Latency in ABR Streaming project discussion
Metadata Working Group
- Continue discussing and refining potential problem statements
- Continue discussing the current industry standards and specifications and any overlap with potential problem statements
- Discuss the next steps
Networking and Transport Working Group
- SRT – Secure Reliable Transport protocol deep dive presentation by Maxim Sharabayko.
- 5G and Edge paper status update.
Open Caching Working Group
- SVA Labs – Capacity Insight API discussion.
- SVA Labs – Configuration API discussion.
- SVA Labs – Routing API discussion.
- Working group activity overview and prioritization.
Privacy and Protection Working Group
- Review the “Securing Streaming” document
- Presentation and Q&A by Synamedia – “Piracy in Times of Coronavirus”
- Presentation and Q&A by Irdeto – “Piracy on the Rise During Pandemic Lockdown”
Not a Member Yet? Join Today!
If you’d like to be able to attend our member meetings and join in the working group discussions, joining is easy and only takes a few minutes. Once we receive your application, we’ll process it, get you into the system, and send you information about accessing our intranet where you can register for upcoming meetings.