Share this page:
Best Practices for End-to-End Workflow Monitoring
As the video streaming industry continues to mature, QoE expectations continue to rise in importance both as a value proposition to the consumer as well as a differentiator between competing video streaming services. Yet, consistent, systematic, standardized, objectively measured, and business-rules-driven QoE assurance continues to be an elusive goal. This document outlines factors that impact consumer QoE, sheds light on some of the underlying challenges to diagnosing QoE impact and provides a set of best practices for end-to-end QoE monitoring in video streaming workflows.
Goals and Objectives
- Creating a re-usable framework for measuring and assessing the end-to-end performance of a streaming video workflow
- Providing recommendations regarding the measurement of individual components or technologies within the framework
- An end-to-end workflow monitoring framework which addresses live content workflows, Internet Protocol television (IPTV), and over-the-top (OTT) systems from video streaming sources to device output for a variety of operational use cases
- Recommendations of measurement thresholds for each component included in the framework
- Recommendations for improving performance of each component included in the framework
- Recommendations of specific vendor solutions or technologies for measuring component within the framework
- Recommendations or discussions for any component not identified as part of the framework
There are no additional references or other required readings need to participate in this project.