February 1, 2019
May 1, 2020
Because of the many different technologies involved in ad delivery, it is difficult to piece together a holistic view of the delivery and consumption of ads. There is little unification between the technologies which makes gathering and unifying data to provide a clear picture difficult.
Ad-supported video streaming is growing. Dedicated services like PlutoTV, Xumo (purchased by member company Comcast), and Tubi, have demonstrated that advertising can be an intrinsic part of the streaming experience, much like broadcast. But, unlike broadcast, delivering ads within streaming video involves multiple systems all working together, from stitching the ad into the video to delivering it as part of playback to measuring the time watched. Yet there is little interoperability between these different systems and technologies. As such, it is very difficult to provide an operational end-to-end view of the distribution and consumption of ads.
There is not a document currently associated with this project.
Goals and Objectives
This project has the following objectives and goals:
- To demonstrate that it’s possible to monitor the different ad systems within a streaming video workflow
- To show how ad placement and error detection can be monitored from different ad systems of the streaming video workflow
This project PROVIDES:
- An inventory of the end-to-end systems and technologies involved in ad distribution and consumption
- A recommendation of the data points to capture from each system
- A proposal for a solution to monitor the distribution and consumption of ads in streaming video through the workflow
- The recommendation of a specific vendor solution to capture data
- The recommendation of a specific vendor solution to visualize the captured data
The following members have contributed to this project. Click on their name to visit their profile. If the have not published their profile, the link will redirect to their LinkedIn profile.
There are currently no external references needed to understand or participate within this project.
Working Group Presentations
- Ad PoC Data Points and Integration
- Ad WG Update Presentation - 2019 Burbank Meeting
- Advertising Working Group Session Slides
- Carlsbad F2F: Advertising WG Slides
- Conviva Standards Proposal Ad WG
- NPAW Business Model Brainstorming Session: Open Thoughts About POC Objectives
- PoC Whiteboard from Burbank Meeting
- SVA Ad Monitoring PoC w/ QoE Data Reconciliation and Exchange