Building the Ultimate Streaming Architecture
Share this page:
Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 10:00am (PST)
Want To Participate?
Participating in our webinars is free to members. Learn more about what membership can mean for you and your company.
- Let’s say an organization wants to start streaming but they don’t want to use YouTube or Facebook. They want to own the entire end-to-end experience. What are the components they need to implement and how do those components fit together to deliver the stream?
- How would an organization calculate the amount of bandwidth it needs to support streaming and VOD services? Where are some of the bottlenecks in a streaming architecture?
- What are some of the considerations for scaling a video streaming architecture? How can an organization expand its infrastructure without having to purchase additional bandwidth, setup more datacenters, etc?
- Consumers want “broadcast quality” experiences from their online video. That means providing them the appropriate bitrate for their specific environment, device, location, etc. How is this accomplished?
- One of the benefits of using a network operator provided set-top-box is that they can troubleshoot outages and other issues. How can we replicate that online? What are some of the critical KPIs that content distributors need to measure and how can they measure them?
- Let’s talk about Yahoo! and the NFL. Describe some of the challenges you faced in streaming a live football game and how you overcame them
- What are some of the key challenges that organizations face in streaming video? What “gotchas” do they need to look out for?
Click on a panelist’s picture to visit their Streaming Video Alliance profile. Note: if their profile is not public, this will redirect to their LinkedIn profile.
Moderated by Jason Thibeault
Jason Thibeault is the Executive Director of the Streaming Video Alliance, a global association of companies collaborating to solve critical challenges in delivering a better streaming video experience and increasing adoption. Prior to this role, Jason spent eight years at Limelight Networks, a leading CDN, where he held several roles including product manager and marketing strategist. Jason is an inventor on multiple technical patents in the streaming industry and a proven entrepreneur. He is also a contributing editor to Streaming Media Magazine.
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.