Fixing the Streaming Video Ad Problems
Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 10:00am (PST)
This webinar will address (or addressed) the following:
- What are the major technical challenges for integrating advertising into streaming video? (Amit)
- There has been a lot of industry talk about ad fraud in streaming videos. What is causing that and does better measurement solve the problem? (Sudhi)
- It would be great if there was parity between broadcast ads and streaming ads. What keeps that from happening? (Chris)
- There is a big push right now to provide a solution for addressable advertising in streaming video. What is addressable advertising and what are the technical hurdles to making it a reality? (Dave)
- Beyond addressable advertising, what are some of the advantages that streaming video can provide to the ad experience (such as interactivity) and is it even possible today? (Chris)
- Are there special technical considerations for delivering ads to streaming video on devices connected via variable networks (like mobile phones)? Should they be encoded differently so as not to take up as much bandwidth? (Dave)
- A viewer may watch a single streaming title across multiple devices. When there are ads integrated with that video, what are the technical challenges to stitching together a complete view of that viewer and that title? (Sudhi)
Moderated by Jason Thibeault
Jason Thibeault is the Executive Director of the Streaming Video Alliance, a global association of companies collaborating to solve critical challenges in delivering a better streaming video experience and increasing adoption. Prior to this role, Jason spent eight years at Limelight Networks, a leading CDN, where he held several roles including product manager and marketing strategist. Jason is an inventor on multiple technical patents in the streaming industry and a proven entrepreneur. He is also a contributing editor to Streaming Media Magazine.You can connect with Jason on LinkedIn and follow him on Twitter.
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.