Optimizing the Live Stream
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 10:00am (PST)
This webinar will address (or addressed) the following:
- What are some of the fundamental challenges associated with providing a great live streaming experience?
- What are some scale considerations that providers should keep in mind when delivering live streams?
- What role does edge computing play in the future of live streaming?
- How does mobile viewing complicate a provider’s ability to deliver a great live streaming experience?
- What is the impact of network congestion on latency of live stream delivery? How can new technologies like Multicast ABR help alleviate congestion?
- Are there any ways that providers can tune encoding profiles to improve live streaming experiences?
- Are there any ways in which the operational workflow can be improved to provide a better live streaming experience?
- What are some of the critical measurements that providers need to capture in order to optimize live stream delivery?
- What are going to be some of the big hurdles to overcome in the future as more operators and providers deliver live streams?
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.