Reducing Churn, Building Engagement, and Delighting Subscribers
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 10:00am (PST)
This webinar will address (or addressed) the following:
- What are the components of a streaming video user experience?
- What are the major causes of viewer abandonment/churn in the user experience?
- Metrics are key to ensuring user engagement. What are some of the elements that should be measured? Are there general thresholds that need to be met?
- How does delivery play into churn? If there is consistently bad delivery, will users abandon a service? And how do you ensure that video is being delivered in the best way possible?
- What are the design/interface considerations that need to be made to capture the most user engagement with a streaming service?
- How do we measure the impact of intangibles (like interface design, content discoverability, recommendations) on user engagement?
- How can streaming services improve how they incorporate client-side measurement data into operations and customer service?
- Scale is becoming a major issue with streaming services as more people watch online video. How does that impact the ability to measure video delivery effectively?
- What does the future of measuring the user experience look like? Are there new technologies, like AI, that will help predict when users will be upset?
- How will the user experience evolve over the next two to three years to ensure better viewer engagement and less churn?
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.