Video Ad Optimization
Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 10:00am (PST)
This webinar will address (or addressed) the following:
- What does a typical ad techstack look like for streaming video?
- When ads in video streaming fail to display, it can be very disruptive for the viewing experience. How can video distributors prevent this from happening? And, if they can’t, how can they mitigate the failure?
- Should video distributors care about the quality of their video ads? Does it matter if content is in HD and ads are in SD?
- Does live streaming complicate video ad delivery? Do video distributors need to consider different issues/challenges when inserting ads into live streams that they don’t in VOD?
- How can problems with ad delivery impact the viewing experience? Buffering? Latency?
- What is the impact of ad insertion location (SSAI vs. Client) on the viewing experience? In the case of SSAI, should ad insertion and packaging take place at the edge?
- What should video distributors measure to ensure the highest quality ad delivery? Should they just be concerned with ad views or are there more data points to analyze? Does AI or ML have an application here?
- How can the latest version of VAST (4.1) ensure a high-quality advertising experience within streaming video?
- How will future types of ad experiences (i.e., immersive, interactive, etc.) impact the viewing experience? What might video distributors need to consider about their ad techstack and workflow to ensure the highest quality experience in these new ad experiences?
- What is the one piece of advice you would give to video distributors about ad insertion in streaming video?
Moderated by Jason Thibeault
Jason Thibeault is the Executive Director of the Streaming Video Alliance, a global association of companies collaborating to solve critical challenges in delivering a better streaming video experience and increasing adoption. Prior to this role, Jason spent eight years at Limelight Networks, a leading CDN, where he held several roles including product manager and marketing strategist. Jason is an inventor on multiple technical patents in the streaming industry and a proven entrepreneur. He is also a contributing editor to Streaming Media Magazine.You can connect with Jason on LinkedIn and follow him on Twitter.
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.