Video Caching Best Practices
Friday, February 28, 2020 at 10:00am (PST)
This webinar will address (or addressed) the following:
- What is a cache and how does it work?
- What are some of the data points to collect from a cache which can help to measure its effectiveness and optimize it?
- What are some of the configuration settings that can lead to a more efficient cache?
- Does a caching strategy change for different kinds of networks?
- What are some strategies for managing caches across multiple networks? How can a video distributor purge objects simultaneously from caches in different CDNs?
- What special considerations need to be made for caching in mobile networks?
- What is the vision for Open Caching? How can it improve caching? What is the value it provides to content delivery?
- What is the state of Open Caching? What specs are being developed?
- Can you talk about the relationship between Open Caching and CDNi?
- What’s next for caching? Are there innovations on the horizon? Does edge compute play a role?
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.