Video Delivery Trends for 2019
Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 10:00am (PST)
This webinar will address (or addressed) the following:
- What are the biggest challenges in streaming today?
- How will streaming providers solve the scale issues?
- What does the delivery architecture of tomorrow look like?
- How much of a role will the cloud ultimately play in streaming services?
- Is mobile viewing really a thing? And how does that complicate streaming at scale?
- What will the impact of 5G be on the streaming experience?
- Will AI play a more significant role in streaming? If so, what will it be?
- Is there an application of Blockchain to streaming video? When will it materialize?
- How will “the edge” impact the delivery of streaming video? How can compute be leveraged to improve the viewer experience?
- What are your top three trends for video delivery in 2019? What should video distributors, engineers, technologists, and business leaders be paying attention to?
Moderated by Jason Thibeault
Jason Thibeault is the Executive Director of the Streaming Video Alliance, a global association of companies collaborating to solve critical challenges in delivering a better streaming video experience and increasing adoption. Prior to this role, Jason spent eight years at Limelight Networks, a leading CDN, where he held several roles including product manager and marketing strategist. Jason is an inventor on multiple technical patents in the streaming industry and a proven entrepreneur. He is also a contributing editor to Streaming Media Magazine.You can connect with Jason on LinkedIn and follow him on Twitter.
About the Streaming Video Alliance
The Streaming Video Alliance is a global technical association addressing critical challenges in streaming video. By educating the industry on the technical nature of the issues, providing a neutral forum for collaboration across the video ecosystem, and publishing documentation that defines technical solutions, the Alliance is helping to improve the streaming video experience at scale. Over 75 companies including network operators, content rights holders, OTT platforms, service providers, and technology vendors – representing some of the biggest names in global streaming – participate in bi-weekly working group activities and quarterly face-to-face meetings. You can find out more about membership here.