Here are answers to many of the questions that may be on your mind. If you have other questions, you can reach us at email@example.com
1. What is the Streaming Video Alliance?
The Streaming Video Alliance is an industry forum open to all companies from all sectors of the online video value chain (content owners, service providers, network operators, infrastructure providers, and streaming video technology providers). The Alliance focuses on the ecosystem, architecture, and best practices needed to support the future of online video.
2. What are the goals of the Streaming Video Alliance?
The goals for the Alliance are to create a forum for communication and collaboration about engineering-related practices across the entire video streaming ecosystem. This forum will facilitate the creation and promotion of architecture, standards, and best practices that will, along with the commitment of the members, improve the engineering function of the streaming video market.
3. More specifically, why was the Streaming Video Alliance formed? What industry problems does the Alliance plan to address?
The Alliance was formed in response to the online video transformation, which demands that streaming video scale quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively to meet worldwide consumer demand. The Alliance creates a needed new model of engagement in which the industry collaborates rapidly around the architecture, operational models, and best practices required to scale online video.
4. Who are the Members?
The current members of the Streaming Video Alliance can be found here.
5. Where should I go if I want to join?
More information about Streaming Video Alliance membership can be found here.
6. What levels of membership are offered and how much does membership cost?
For membership information and applications please click here.
7. How often does the Streaming Video Alliance meet?
The Alliance holds membership meetings four times per year. Alliance Working Groups meet more frequently to pursue their individual objectives.
8. Is the Streaming Video Alliance a standards body?
No. The Alliance will submit any draft specifications created to the appropriate standards body (e.g. IETF, CTA, etc.) for ratification.
9. Who runs the Streaming Video Alliance?
10. Who are the members of the Streaming Video Alliance Board of Directors?
The current Streaming Video Alliance Board of Directors can be found here.